Sandtray Level: 4 – Foundations
Dates: November 11 & 12, 2023
Times: 9:15am-5:15pm ET
Location: Bloomington, IN
Instructor: Heather Maritano
Contact Hours: 12 CEUs/ 2 days
Prerequisites: Levels 1-3
Building on the previous three foundational levels, participants in this 2-day workshop continue to develop facilitation skills for sandtray play therapy.
The training includes discussion of professional and ethical issues related to all aspects of treatment. Particular focus is given to the clinical relationship as it relates to transference, countertransference, and co-transference. Participants will have opportunities to refine and integrate therapeutic skills through hands-on practice with workshop partners. An amplification technique will be utilized in demonstrating ways to guide the process in exploring client concerns.
Each participant will have an individual sandtray for practice exercises and for creating individual sandtray words.
- Develop skills for facilitating sandtray play therapy in clinical practice
- Identify ways to understand and document the process of sandtray play therapy
- Assess treatment variables in sandtray play therapy
- Describe the significance of the clinical relationship to healing in clinical practice
- Demonstrate how to recognize and make use of countertransference in sandtray play therapy
- Describe the relationship of mindfulness and the witnessing role during sandtray play therapy
- Identify ethical practices, competencies, & risks in sandtray play therapy
All sections must be marked as complete to receive certificate.
Continuing Education Credit Requirements
Inner Resources Training Institute is an approved provider for:
The Indiana Social Workers, Marriage & Family Therapist, and Mental Health Counselor. Boards have approved this organization to provide category 1 continuing education units for LSWs, LCSWs, LMFTs, and LMHCs. Provider # 98000765A
Association for Play Therapy Approved Provider #07-200
To ensure you that the credits you receive are applicable for your purposes, please contact the agencies for which you are seeking credit directly. You must attend the entire session to receive credit, no partial credit will be issued. Inner Resources Training Institute follows all CE guidelines and maintains responsibility for the program.
Cancellation Policy & Scholarships
Please see terms and conditions.
Need help getting started?
For a little extra orientation in our digital training space, check out our step-by-step guide on creating an account, accessing your training materials, managing your Inner Resources Training email preferences, and more.