In this workshop, participants have numerous opportunities to develop their skills in working with sandtray play therapy through building, witnessing, and coaching with training peers.
Participants will explore various elements of the sandtray process in the context of clinical practice, including understanding and articulating based on case conceptualization. Experiential exercises will continue to deepen witnessing skills, increasing the capacity to ‘hold space’, and exploring the multidimensionality of sandtray play therapy as it relates to treatment goals.
A particular focus will be given to symbolic representations of the 3 branches of the nervous system and how shame shows up in the sandtray.
- Develop skills for facilitating sandtray play therapy in clinical practice
- Recognize images and behaviors that portray feelings of shame in the nervous system during sandtray play therapy
- Use symbols to enhance understanding of polyvagal theory
- Describe the multidimensional nature of the sandtray play therapy process
- Identify statements that help articulate the sandtray play therapy process from a science-informed perspective
- Describe the relationship of mindfulness and the witnessing role during sandtray play therapy
- Articulate how play helps build a resilient nervous system during sandtray play therapy.
- Identify ethical practices, competencies, & risks in sandtray play therapy
Continuing Education Credit Requirements
Inner Resources Training Institute has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 7363. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. Inner Resources Training Institute is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.
Association for Play Therapy Approved Provider #07-200
To ensure you that the credits you receive are applicable for your purposes, please contact the agencies for which you are seeking credit directly. You must attend the entire session to receive credit, no partial credit will be issued. Inner Resources Training Institute follows all CE guidelines and maintains responsibility for the program.
Inner Resources Training Institute is an approved provider for the Indiana Social Workers, Marriage & Family Therapist, and Mental Health Counselor. Boards have approved this organization to provide category 1 continuing education units for LSWs, LCSWs, LMFTs, and LMHCs. Provider # 98000765A
Need help getting started?
For a little extra orientation in our digital training space, check out our step-by-step guide on creating an account, accessing your training materials, managing your Inner Resources Training email preferences, and more.
*All sales are final. Offer valid only for the year 2024. No refunds will be provided for inability to attend any training, regardless of the reason. A credit may be issued to your account, which can be applied towards the full purchase price of another training. This credit is valid for one year following the scheduled training you are unable to attend.